Committed to excellence in public and financial services and upholding the highest
standards of ethics and integrity.
If you have experience leading a team of accounting professionals and coordinating publication of
complex financial reports, we are looking forward to your application.
What You Do and How You Do It:
A Financial Reporting Manager is a results-oriented member of the Accounting Department’s
management team. As a highly skilled working manager of a professional team comprised of nine
financial reporting analysts, you will have a wide range of responsibilities. This includes:
• Managing all aspects of the annual external audit of the County/Schools financial accounts and records.
• Managing the compilation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, including financial statements, note disclosures, federal expenditure schedules and statistical reporting, all with a goal of minimizing auditor adjustments and/or findings.
• Managing the compilation of a county-wide cost allocation plan, various federally and state required reports, and financial reporting for related organizations.
• Managing the department’s participation in the collaborative compilation of offering and continuing disclosure documents related to municipal debt.
• Ensuring compliance of general ledger transactions with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), federal, state and local regulatory requirements and established internal controls.
• Analyzing authoritative guidance and recommending actions required for compliance.
• Providing technical financial assistance as needed to County and Schools departments.
• Demonstrating reliable professional judgment in decision making.
• Reviewing and evaluating the performance of staff.
• Performing other work as required.
Here’s What You Need:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting and three to five years of management experience in a diverse,
complex accounting environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. You
must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of GAAP; experience in managing the year-end
closing of financial accounts and records, including the related financial report compilations, and the
external audit. You must have excellent analytical and decision-making skills; and effective
communication skills for collaborating at all levels in a complex organization. Effective time
management and the ability to prioritize competing priorities is an essential skill. CPA or other
relevant certification is an advantage. Pre-employment drug testing, FBI criminal background check and education/degree
To apply for this job please visit www.virginiawpf.org.