LOS ANGELES ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (LAEDC)
· Serve as secretary & treasurer of the World Trade Center Los Angeles, an affiliate of the LAEDC, and as secretary & treasurer of the Southern California Leadership Council (SCLC) a separate program of the LAEDC.
· Supervise IT department, facilities, office space & real estate planning, and provide direction for the IT department and staff, contractors, and outsourced partners.
· Oversee legal review of corporate contracts, including client agreements, grants, federal subrecipient and government contracts, sponsorship, events and vendors.
· Accounting & Audits
· Cash Management
· Human Resources
· Internal Controls
· Corporate Records
· Legal and Compliance
· Information Technology
· Investment portfolio
· Oversee general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and fixed assets functions.
· Ensure that accounting records and transactions are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Federal OMB regulations. Coordinate annual audit with outside CPA firm; coordinate federal and state grant audits with federal OIG and state auditors.
· Prepare monthly financial reports, cash flow projection projects and financial analyses and make presentations of same to the LAEDC Executive Committee.
· Maintain vigilance over corporate cash balances and enact measures to ensure a positive cash flow and adequate operating funds; initiate and implement cost savings measures.
· Coordinate preparation of consolidated federal and state income tax filings; correspond with IRS and FTB agencies on tax issues; monitor and maintain non-profit status.
· Establish, implement and monitor effective and adequate accounting and internal control systems to safeguard all corporate assets. Manage corporate policies and procedures for all personnel, administrative, purchasing, accounting and finance functions.
· Oversee billing process and ensure contractual and regulatory compliance on federal, state and city cost reimbursements contracts.
· Prepare consolidated budgets. Develop guidelines and distribute budget formats to department heads and assist in preparing departmental budgets. Work with the President and CEO and the Chief Operating Officer to finalize budgets for approval of the Executive Committee. Provide monthly analyses and comparisons of actual performance to budget.
· Monitor cash collections and prepare aging analyses of membership dues, grants and other receivables.
· Maintain all company insurance policies. Review adequacy of insurance coverage and change or amend policies through broker when necessary. Administer insurance claims.
· Review all inbound/outbound contracts, agreements, MOUs for legal terms and edit as appropriate to ensure compliance or for the protection of the company’s interests.
· Coordinate with attorneys on all corporate legal matters.
· Ensure all technology and system needs are addressed while appropriate cost/benefit analyses are considered, and advancement of new accounting and administration technology systems or processes for paperless systems to facilitate remote work.
· Oversee all human resources functions, including the administration of employee compensation and benefit programs, health and dental insurance, retirement plan contributions, parking, transportation allowance, etc.
· Ensure 403(b) retirement plan is properly managed and approved by the Finance Committee.
· Ensure payroll and HR services are received properly, efficiently and cost effectively from PEOs.
· Develop new and manage continuing programs for sensitivity, bias, leadership and harassment training.
· Work with the Audit and Finance Committees of the Board to ensure compliance and portfolio management issues are appropriately addressed and investment portfolios are maximized.
· Work with all department heads to ensure proper accounting and budget support and discipline are applied.
· Supervise a staff of four to ensure goals are met and employees are developed.
· Oversee financial activities of other LAEDC departments and subsidiaries as appropriate.
· Certified Public Accountant preferred
· Desirable computer skills: Moderate to advanced knowledge of accounting database software or Sage Intacct, MS Excel, Word, Teams, Contact Management systems, Salesforce, internet research
· Fifteen+ years of experience in relevant financial, legal, human resources and technology roles
· Nonprofit experience preferred
Windale Group, LLC
To apply for this job please visit www.wpfc.com.