Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
The US Public Finance State and Local Government Team covers over 1,600 issuers throughout the United States. The team provides credit ratings for U.S. states and local government general obligation, lease revenue and dedicated tax bonds.
Fitch Ratings is seeking a credit analyst with 5-7 (Associate Director) or 7-10 years (Director candidates) of public finance related experience. The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will be to focus on the analysis and rating of bonds and issuers in the United States.
Responsibilities will primarily include:
• Working on ratings analysis and research on new and existing tax supported transactions. Evaluating credit structures and participating in transactional and non-transactional research.
• Identifying relevant trends, assessing their credit impact and highlighting these trends in updated industry and market focused reports/presentations.
• Gathering and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data and legal documents for the purpose of producing ratings, publishing credit reports, and contributing to special research reports.
• Meeting with senior management of issuers, investment bankers and financial advisors, to produce these ratings and reports for general publication.
• Proven credit skills gained in a bank credit department, a rating agency, buy side credit department, etc.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Public/Government Administration, Political Science, Economics, Finance or Business preferred.
• Solid writing and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Word and Excel.
• Ability to read and understand bond documents and ask probing questions to issuers and their advisers.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and display a strong degree of flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, as required
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.