CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Finance Director for East Bay MUD
The Finance Director manages EBMUD’s finances and the implementation of policies for investment, accounting and purchasing practices, water and wastewater rates, risk management for a self-insured agency, internal audit function, and information systems. The Finance Director is responsible for activities in the following areas:
• Information Systems
• Internal Audit
• Risk Management
• Treasury Operations
The Finance Director directs Treasury operations through the Treasury Manager, including investment, rate analysis, accounting, and tax activities and oversees information systems for EBMUD. The position also directs the Controller in providing and directing accounting practices, procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper fiscal records and the preparation of final reports for EBMUD.
Position: BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST – JOB ID #17180
(Fiscal Services System Analyst)
Division: Business Operations/Financial Management Services
Work Location: 206 S. 17th Ave., Phoenix, AZ
Starting Salary: $39,983 – $55,773
This position is within the Financial Management unit, is business focused and plays a critical role in a major statewide system initiative.
• Managing new AFIS system level 1 support hotline and ADOTBREAZ email inbox
o This will include initial research and routing to higher level Business Process Analyst as necessary
• Maintenance of Service Desk ManageEngine
o Review all AFIS tickets created by ITG and route if necessary
o Establish ticket numbers for issues that do not originate in ServiceDesk
o Audit issues log
• Serve as post Go-Live project coordinator
• Perform AFIS User Maintenance and Audits
• Lower level post Go-Live Project Activities as time permits
• Serve as a liaison with the technical resources to facilitate effective resolution of user issues.
• Review user security access requests for proper authorization and appropriateness, for the core accounting system.
• Provide assistance for questions and problems presented by users of the systems.
• Identify issues that need to be escalated and take appropriate escalation action.
Completion of at least twelve semester hours of accounting from an accredited college or university and four years of professional level accounting experience in a major business area within government that included experience using analyzing and interpreting complex components of automated financial systems, identifying and researching problems, and experience with high volume customer calls such as a help desk.
A Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting from an accredited college or university may substitute for one year of the professional level accounting experience in government.
For more detailed job information and how to apply online, go to Arizona’s State Jobs website www.azstatejobs.gov. Search for jobs using Agency-Department of Transportation click search and scroll to find job title BUSINESS SYSTEM ANALYST, JOB ID #17180. Click on the job to see a complete description and then click on the “Apply” button.
If you have any questions you may email email@example.com Close Date: July 06, 2015.
Position: GRANT ACCOUNTANT – JOB ID #17185 (Accountant 2)
Division: Business Operations/Financial Management Services (FMS)
Work Location: 206 S. 17th Ave., Phoenix, AZ
Starting Salary: $41,348 – $46,623
NOTE: EXCEL PERFORMANCE EXERCISE WILL BE ADMINISTERED AS A PART OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
This position will summarize and submit Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) draw-down requests through the ECHO or Delphi federal systems. Job duties include, but not limited to:
• Prepares other grant/contract billings when required. This position will process and scan FTA funded transit payment vouchers.
• Monitors and reconciles cash balances of transit grant programs.
• Reconcile grant projects as shown within the AFIS and FTA TEAM systems, as well as maintain and update AFIS tables for FTA funded projects.
• Creates reports based on project data in AFIS.
• Prepares quarterly and year-end federal financial reports (FFRs) with FTA and FRA. *Resolve questions and problems presented by internal and external customers, recognize public and constituents issues, and identify actions to address the issues, including the involvement of other appropriate ADOT groups and functions.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting from an accredited college or university; OR a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 24 hours of accounting courses and relevant work experience
For more detailed job information and how to apply online, go to Arizona’s State Jobs website www.azstatejobs.gov. Search for jobs using Agency-Department of Transportation click search and scroll to find job title Grant Accountant, Job ID #17185. Click on the job to see a complete description and then click on the “Apply” button.
If you have any questions you may email firstname.lastname@example.org Close Date: July 12, 2015.