In keeping with its tradition of supporting young women in their aspirations of obtaining successful careers in the finance industry, Women in Public Finance is now accepting applications for its 2013 scholarship awards.
The purpose of the Women in Public Finance achievement and scholarship awards is to:
- Recognize college-bound high school females who have exhibited scholastic achievement (preferably with a demonstrated aptitude in mathematics) and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Encourage young women to consider careers in finance and, more specifically, public finance.
- Provide an opportunity for award recipients to meet women with public finance careers and expose young women to various career options and opportunities.
Achievement Award and Scholarship Overview
Women in Public Finance maintains a scholarship program that provides, annually, up to ten recipients with an Achievement Award and a scholarship.
To qualify and apply for the Achievement Award and scholarship, the applicant must, at a minimum:
1. Be a female, college-bound high school student entering her senior year in the fall of 2013;
2. Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. or equivalent;
3. Exhibit leadership skills through extracurricular activities, volunteer positions, and or work experiences;
4. Have an interest in pursuing a public finance-related career in finance, government, nonprofits or law; and
5. Complete and submit the attached 2013 Achievement Award and scholarship application form (including submission of the required essays), along with a photocopy of your most recent unofficial high school transcript via email to:
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN AUGUST 22, 2013.
Download Application Form
2013 WPF Scholarship Form (PDF)