In keeping with its tradition of supporting young women in their aspirations of achieving successful careers in the finance industry, Women in Public Finance is now accepting applications for its 2014 Award & Scholarships.
The purpose of the Women in Public Finance Award & Scholarship is to:
● Recognize college-bound high school females who have exhibited scholastic achievement (preferably with a demonstrated aptitude in mathematics) and demonstrated leadership skills.
● Encourage young women to consider careers in finance and, more specifically, public finance.
● Provide an opportunity for award recipients to meet women established in the public finance industry and learn about various career options and opportunities available to them.
Award and Scholarship Overview
Women in Public Finance maintains a scholarship program that provides, annually, up to ten recipients with an Award and Scholarship.
To qualify and apply for the Award and Scholarship, the applicant must, at a minimum:
1. Be a female, college-bound high school student entering her senior year in the fall of 2014;
2. Minimum of 3.0 G.P.A. or equivalent;
3. Exhibit leadership skills through extracurricular activities, volunteer positions, and/or work experience;
4. Have an interest in pursuing a public finance related career in finance, government, nonprofits or law; and
5. Complete and submit the attached 2014 Award and Scholarship application form (including submission of the required essays), along with a photocopy of your most recent unofficial high school transcript, VIA EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org so that the application is RECEIVED no later than midnight, EDT, on August 25, 2014.
Scholarship recipients will be notified prior to October 2, 2014 and a list of all Award and Scholarship winners will be posted on the WPF website (www.wpfc.com) after the annual conference to be held October 2, 2014.
Download Application Form
2014 WPF Scholarship Form (Word)