Position Description: Director of Finance and Operations, American Nutrition Association
Looking for a Mission, not just a job? Want to have a huge impact on the health of society? If you are passionate about making a difference, smart, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work hard for a mission you believe in, then we want you on our Team!
The American Nutrition Association is a rapidly growing charitable non-profit whose mission is to promote optimal health through nutrition and wellness education.
The Director of Finance and Operations is responsible for all of the finance and accounting functions, HR, compliance and reporting and various other operational aspects of the organization. He/she will manage accounting staff to prepare financial reports, compliance filings, appropriate tax reporting, budgets, and any related tasks. He/she will also manage the operations to ensure smooth day to day operations. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in non-profit accounting and reporting, critical thinking skills, superb attention to detail and organizational skills, and a tenacity to ensure work product is correct and accomplished in a timely fashion. Interest in nutrition and wellness a plus.
- Work with assistant to produce internally prepared financial statement, federal and state taxes, and other compliance filings
- Refine and manage budget process
- Perform bill paying functions and general management of cash
- Oversee database integrity, maintenance and migration
- Expand and deploy standard operating procedures throughout the organization
- Manage certain HR functions, such as posting and interviewing new hires
- Oversee invoicing and contribution acknowledgments process
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and ensure compliance
- Oversee IT Manager and IT functions
- Superb attention to detail
- Proven success in field of non-profit accounting and reporting
- Working knowledge of federal non-profit tax rules, lobbying legislation, and various other federal and state rules and regulations related to non-profit accounting or the ability to ask the right questions and perform required research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience managing and collaborating with a team
- Advanced experience with Excel, Quickbooks and generally tech savvy
- Basic experience with CRMs such as Salesforce
Location: La Grange, IL (20 minutes west of downtown Chicago)
Compensation: Based on experience
Email a brief explanation of interest and your resume to:
American Nutrition Association